- Indonesia (Bali, Jakarta)
- Kenya (Nakuru)
- To see current availability, please visit our Placements Page
Sample Project Ideas:
- Writing a policy manual to ensure legal compliance
- Creating and funding a new after school program
- Creating a repair plan and budget for a center over the next year
- Developing a specialised training program
- Expanding a center library
- Funding medical supplies
- Building a small clinic
Benefits to the Community
- You are helping to implement long-term development. Your skills time and energy will leave a mark that will continue to make a difference long after you’re gone.
- You are contributing to the local economy. When you are not on the clock, you are free to take advantage of sightseeing opportunities. When you shop with, or hire, local vendors you support local businesses in the area.
Benefits to You
- Participate in meaningful service and have a lasting impact on an impoverished community
- Sharpen old skills through service
- Interact with locals and experience a depth of cultural exchange
- Sharpen your cultural intelligence and intercultural communication skills
- Learn to think, respond and quickly adapt to new cultural knowledge and unfamiliar situations
- Explore new places
- Leave an indelible mark that will point to your service long after you have gone
When you choose to join the IHF Legacy Volunteer Program, you will be joining a global network of IHF volunteers who are living and working within diverse cultures on projects that have a positive impact.
Apply to the Legacy Volunteer Program today!