- Indonesia (Bali, Jakarta)
- To see current availability, please visit our Placements Page
Benefits to the Community
- You are helping to implement long-term development. Your skills time and energy will leave a mark that will continue to make a difference long after you’re gone. By teaching an English class, you will help to close gaps in the local education systems and empower them to break the cycle of poverty.
- By participating in tourism, you are contributing to the local economy. When you are not on the clock, you are free to take advantage of sightseeing opportunities, like going to the beach or on an island tour. When you shop with, or hire, local vendors you support local businesses in the area.
Benefits to You
- Participate in meaningful service and have a lasting impact on an impoverished community
- Develop new skills or sharpen old skills through service
- Interact with locals and experience a depth of cultural exchange
- Sharpen your cultural intelligence and intercultural communication skills
- Learn to think, respond and quickly adapt to new cultural knowledge and unfamiliar situations
- Explore new places
When you choose to join the IHF Voluntourist Program, you will be joining a global network of IHF volunteers who are living and working with diverse cultures on projects that have a positive impact.
Apply to the Voluntourist Volunteer Program today!