Are you ready to take an executive role in a global organisation?
IHF is looking for an Executive Director to undertake senior management of our children’s homes in Kenya and Thailand and have responsibility for our global fundraising, grants, our online presence, organisational policy, strategy and knowledge management. The role is residential in Nakuru, Kenya.
- Oversee the management of our children’s homes in Nakuru, Kenya and Chiang Rai, Thailand. Ensure financial stability of the homes and compliance with local children’s, home registration, employment and NGO/Foundation reporting legislation.
- Recruit, manage and support teams of Co-Directors in each children’s home and in our international online teams.
- Lead on global fundraising and the financial sustainability of IHF
- Report directly to our CEO/Founder and the Board of Trustees.
- In partnership with the Executive Director for Indonesia, review and develop policy and procedure for volunteer recruitment and management, financial processes, our media presence, immigration and program development.
- Lead on child policy and child protection.
- Develop and implement global knowledge management systems.
- Hands-on work in the children’s homes to understand the family environment, culture and challenges in each center.
- Graduate level education (Essential)
- Postgraduate qualification (Desirable)
- Training in administration/management (Desirable)
- Senior management experience in the voluntary sector (Essential)
- Experience in fundraising, advocacy and public relations, including working with media (Essential)
- Experience of working in Africa (Essential)
- Experience of working in Asia (Desirable)
- Experience in senior level contract negotiation and programme delivery with government/inter-governmental agencies and corporate bodies (Essential)
- Experience in management at a distance (Desirable)
- Direct experience of working with children, especially teenagers (Essential)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of implementing development programmes in Africa with a variety of institutional donors (Essential)
- Knowledge of donor relations and individual fundraising (Desirable)
- Knowledge of children and employment legislation and ability to understand this in the context of Kenya and Thailand.
- Knowledge of child protection policy and procedure (Essential)
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent written English language and oral communication skills (Essential)
- Sound understanding of financial and budgetary processes and previous experience of managing programme budgets in excess of £1m (Essential)
- Ability to inspire and motivate a multi-cultural team (Essential)
- Ability to process and interpret complex information (Essential)
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload (Essential)
- Ability to develop teamwork remotely using the available technology (Essential)
- Ability to work unsocial/irregular hours
- Ability to communicate and work with a wide range of people of diverse background and character
- Commitment to the values expressed in IHF’s mission
If you're ready to apply, please send a copy of your CV/resume, a cover letter and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.